The workpiece should be delivered to the machine tool in a pre-centered orientation.
This presetter features reversible gage arms to allow workpieces up to 11” x 11” to be centered. It is compatible with System 3R: Macro, Macromagnum and Matrix systems.
The system is applicable to the following workholding solutions:
- Direct to Reference System
The basic procedure is as follows:
- Measure workpiece with height gauge.
- Set up planar gauges to proper dimensions by using height gauge.
- Place planar gauges between workpiece and presetter arms.
- Align workpiece.
- Activate workholding mechanism.
This system allows for the centering and squaring of the workpiece within 0.002” quickly and efficiently.