Simple long-lasting indexing plates can be set to any angle very accurately.
- Loosen the back side nut until the plastic plates are loose
- Pull the seconds plate to the back of the fixture
- Join the minutes plate teeth into the seconds plate teeth
- Hold these 2 plates together and join the minutes plate into the teeth of the degree plate
- Tighten the back side nut.
- Twist the whole assembly of plates so the setting is at the edge of the datum bar.
- Insert the wedge narrow end first.
- The angle is now set
Shown above is a reading of:
NOTE: If setting minutes are greater than 30` you should be setting the angle to the next high setting.
Example: 30° 40`
You will see 91° exposed, because the indexing plates are closer to the position. Seconds plate will follow the same process as minutes plate.