Our product accuracy and reliability coupled with the repeatability of a referencing system allows for the reduction of set-up time and increased productivity from your machine tool. Mounting services along with the palletizing product designation guarantees that specific x-y-z locations are held.
When palletizing work there are many issues which should be considered:
Accuracy and reliability
- Most of our products are ground within .0001” of flat, square & parallel.
- We are the designers, manufacturers and sellers of the products many which have a long history. Products are built for longevity
- When you buy a Hermann Schmidt product, you are buying it for life.
- Materials are chosen for the product’s operating environment. The heat treating requirement is set to maintain dimensional stability over time.
Repeatability of a referencing system
- We offer dealer services for System 3R, Erowa, and Hirschmann.
- These systems offer repeatability of 2 microns. Some subsystems within their offerings will deliver 1 micron or better repeatability.
Reduction of set-up time and increased productivity
- Once we have a system that repeats, we can measure once and then trust it is returned to the same location.
- This location is in reference to a master location initially used to set up the reference system receiver.
- For example, we can reduce set-up time when we put a vise in the system. After initial set up we have established its location in x-y-z. The next time we run a job there is no set up as these values have been saved.
- Workholding set-up for the next time has essentially become seconds.
Mounting services along with the palletizing product designation guarantees that specific x-y-z locations are held.
Now we put all of the above together with one added condition:
- All products marked with the palletizing designation have mounting protocol to place x-y-z surfaces at specific locations
- These dimensions are held over the life of the product line
- This allows you to have a reference location in your machine that is flat, square, and parallel along with multiple units that have the same dimensions.
- You do not need different offsets for different pallets minimizing error
- You do not need to buy “matching” sets all at once. As your needs expand you can buy tooling to expand with you and it will all match.